Three weeks in the hills of central Massachusetts. 72 hours of theory, further enhanced with hands-on practicum on our 300 acre permaculture farm site.
Three weeks on the banks of the River Danube in the village of Malak Preslavets in Bulgaria. This is a unique opportunity to serve while learning!
We will use Bill Mollison’s Permaculture Design Manual as our main text and present material from a variety of other books to round out our understanding. In addition, we will spend part of each day engaged in practical skill building. These will include the use of various tools (like a bunyip level), building and operating appropriate technologies, land forming, and natural building techniques.
At the end of the course, you will have a better understanding of both the theory and application of permaculture principles. Completion of the course earns you an internationally recognized certificate.
Meals are included, except those you choose to take on your own off-campus. Saturdays and Sundays are free for exploring the local area, or for chilling together on the farm.
- Private vehicles may be used off campus. We encourage our students to bring a bicycle to get around town for conveniences.
- Accommodation is camping. You can bring and pitch a tent or yurt. You are also welcome to bring your RV or tiny house. We do have limited space for those. Depending upon size, we can accommodate approximately six.
- Smoking, drugs, and alcohol are strictly prohibited on the property.
COVID Safety Measures:
If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, please do not enter the campus. Your instructor is an immuno-compromised person.
- If you live in or have visited a hotspot, or are a close contact of a confirmed case, you should plan to quarantine for 2 full weeks before coming to campus.
- Safe physical distancing of 4-6 feet is encouraged at all times.
- Staff will manage numbers entering the campus and will ensure physical distancing is adhered to.
- Please practice good sense and hygiene.
- Please stay out of buildings unless necessary or otherwise invited.
You can register for our live PDCs below:
**As of 21 April 2021, Massachusetts is still under a mask mandate. In order to remain in operation, we must adhere to this mandate.**